Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Handmade U Semester 8! Spring 2015 - Welcome Night

Hi All!!

How have you been?!?  Things have been crazy here.  Crazy.  I paged through my older posts and there is so much I haven't shared!!  I need to catch you up.  I do.  I promise I will.


First things first.  Spring Semester of Handmade U.  Wow.  Every single semester just keeps getting better.  I think wow, I love these students, I want these students back EVERY single semester....then of course some can't make it all the time, some come nearly every time, and then we have a new Freshmen (1-peater) class and WOW, I am in love with this new community each semester.

Where do I start??

Thursday night is always WELCOME night with introductions, hugs to old friends and new, goodie bags - full of amazing sponsor goodies, a Cook-Out by the Handmade U Grill Master himself, Jim McGough, and VENDOR NIGHT!


The weather held out pretty well our first and second day....Saturday brought in a little rain, but the new windows in the barn helped keep it a bit warmer!  Note to self.....next year Spring semester will be in May!!!



Vendor night is an opportunity for anyone that attends HU to bring their handmade wares to sell to the other students.

After dinner all the vendors headed up to the Red Barn loft to set up shop!  The rest of the gals waited anxiously downstairs getting ready to shop till they drop!



I rang the big bell at the top of one of the cupola's to let them know the shops were OPEN!!


{Thanks to Melody Ross for all the super cool chalk art on my chalkboards!}

I had screen-printed posters made of last year's t-shirt design as well as this year's design.  They were sold for $12 a poster...I have some left in stock if you would like one send me an email!



This semester Barb from Thoughtful Images Ink and Heidi from Simply Bungalow, the adorable shop in Lincoln were both sponsors and though they didn't attend the weekend Barb joined us for vendor night and brought both of their fun things for us to shop through!



Shopping and chatting.....



Nicole made these fun etched glass mason jars!



Jennifer from the Turquoise Tomato of course brought her fun leather cuffs!



And much more!!!

I love to include a special dessert for Welcome Night....this year were tasty Caramel Apple Cupcakes from Goldenrod Pastries Bakery in Lincoln!



What a fun first night.  More adventure, crafting and bonding to come.....stay tuned for the rest of the weekend!!



Note: We are over half full for the FALL SEMESTER!!  If you are interested in joining us with Lorraine Bell and Rae Missigman please sign up now over HERE!!

Hugs,

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment