Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's What's for Dinner

Hi All -

Are you in a rut for what to make for dinner?  I feel like I have been rotating 4 or 5 main dishes week after week.  I try to only cook whole food.  No frozen or processed boxes of preprepared food here.  We also don't eat much if any red meat.  So that narrows it down to ground turkey, pork, and fish.

Some of our easy go to recipes are Ground Turkey Spaghetti with brown rice noodles, chicken thighs baked with coconut oil, with perhaps a side of baked carrots or other veggie, maybe a crustless quiche.

I also love the Ground Pork Meatballs with mashed cauliflower in this recipe book.  This book in general has some amazing Paleo meals, ones with few ingredients (a total requirement for me) and just good staples.




Recently I was at the Tractor Supply Store and picked up a great cookbook. (I never thought I'd hang around there much, but with these babies frequent trips are a must!)


Anyhoo, I stumbled upon this recipe book that peaked my interest.  So glad I picked it up!!



There are a number of recipes that I want to try but the one I keep making is the sausages with grapes, polenta, and gorgonzola cheese!!  YUM.  I mean really YUM!  Polenta in a tube is an under-rated under-utilized food....at least it has been for us.  I'm buying three at a time now!



Do you cook polenta?  What are your favorite recipes??

Let me know if you have either of these cookbooks and what your favorite recipes are!

Happy Dinner Planning!

Up next planning on recipes utilizing lots of Farm Fresh Eggs....we are anxiously awaiting our first!

-Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment